Friday, August 22, 2014

A new semester.

I have started my second semester of graduate studies for my MA in English (Creative Writing). I am pumped about my classes and I am writing every chance I get.

What is my writing process?

Well, if I have an idea for a poem (even if it's not fully formed), I grab my notebook aptly titled Brandy's Poems:  Snippets, WIPs, and Ideas and write it down. It doesn't have to be polished, it doesn't have to be perfect. Then, I let it sit for a few days and go back to it. It is almost like going back to a place you haven't been to for a while...you see it through different eyes.

Then I revise, and I edit. I leave it alone again, and then I come back to it. I keep tinkering with it and edit it until it's the poem I want it to be.

I'm curious to hear about your writing process...how do you write? Where do you like to write? I'd love to know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment